Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Lemon & Dukkah
An impressive yet speedy Dinner that’s sure to impress. Easy even for the novice cook…
Difficulty: Very easy
- 1 Shoulder of Lamb, chopped into 4 or 5 chunks on the bone
- 1-2 tblsp of Olives Et Al Dukkah
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large Onions, sliced
- 1 Olives Et Al Preserved Lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of Thyme or Oregano
- Olives Et Al Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A few Bay Leaves
- A loose handful of Olives Et Al Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 150ml White Wine (plus a glass for the chef!)
Rub the lamb with the crushed Garlic, Herbs and Olive Oil. Put the Lamb into a heavy pot with the Onions and everything else. Add the Wine and pop the lid on. Put into a hot oven at 150 degrees and cook very slowly for 3 hours or until meltingly tender.
Leave to cool before serving at room temperature. Best left in the pot overnight to develop. Serve with Couscous and grilled Flatbreads.