Moroccan Quinoa Salad
A favourite from our delis – we make this most weeks – it’s simple, tasty and very popular.
30 mins / Not too tricky / Serves 2
- 50g Quinoa
- 1 Red Onion – diced
- 3 Mixed Peppers – deseeded and diced finely
- 2 tbsp Olives Et Al Tomorosso Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Olives Et Al Preserved Lemon – rinsed and chopped (see note below)
- 30g Dried Apricots finely chopped
- 30g Sultanas
- 1 tsp Sumac (optional)
- 1 tsp Za’atar (optional)
- 30g Ground almonds
- 3og Sunflower seeds
- Olives Et Al Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions and set aside.
- Prepare all other ingredients.
- Once you’ve diced and chopped everything mix it all together in a bowl, add a generous glug of Olives Et Al Extra Virgin Olive Oil and that’s it.
- Serve with Chicken Tagine or anything else that takes your fancy.
The two optional ingredients are not strictly speaking Moroccan but if you do use them they’ll add a wonderful depth and flavour to the overall dish.
Important Note on Preserved Lemons – these are intensely salty and they should be rinsed before use. After rinsing discard the flesh and chop the peel finely – counter intuitive but it works. Discard the flesh, eat the peel.