Truffled Nutty Cauliflower Cheese
Up the ante by adding a Nutty, Truffly crust to your Cauliflower cheese. A real winter classic.
We recommend roasting the cauliflower rather than boiling before adding the cheese sauce, its much nicer with the caramelisation and less likely to make the finished dish watery.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 leek, washed and sliced finely
- 60g butter
- 10ml of OEA Truffle Oil
- 60g plain flour (GF flour also works fine)
- About 1 pint of milk
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 200g grated Farmhouse Cheddar, we use Montgomery's plus a little more to sprinkle on top
- Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Jar of OEA Truffled nuts
- Roast the cauliflower with a splash of olive oil for 25 minutes at 200C until the edges are nicely brown.
- Meanwhile make the cheese sauce, melt the butter with the truffle oil and sweat the leek for 10 minutes, add the flour and mix well.
- Gradually add the milk a little at the time until well incorporated and the texture of thick double cream.
- Add the mustard and the cheddar and on a low temperature allow to melt.
- By now the cauliflower should be done, mix in with the sauce and pour into an oven proof dish.
- Smash up the truffled nuts in a mortar and pestle and scatter on top with a little extra cheddar.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes until crispy and bubbling.